Hello and Welcome!
Well howdy there! Pull up a comfy chair and sit back with a nice glass of water, soda - diet or regular, pinot something or other... Welcome to my blog! What excitement, anticipation you might have when reading this post - thoughts cross your brain: will this girl be cool and post really interesting this about herself? Will she provide insight in this crazy, mixed-up helluva world? Or just forget she even created this thing as soon as college basketball gets up and running?
I'll say this now - all signs point towards thought 3. But, in the meantime, while Big East television coverge does not extend to the corner o the world that is the University of Pittsburgh, let this blog be fruitful!
So what to fill a blog with? Hmm... well since I am not a consistant blog-reader (oh!) I'll just wing it. Nothing too thrilling, or too personal initimacy-wise will be posted here. I mean, what if my mom manages to grasp the idea of specific google searches? I'm not setting about to create a future uncomfortable holiday; as you can see from the title of this blog, my family eats a lot when we're together and usually the food's good - so no reason to go ruining future opportunities to eat good food with being too damn excipit on a blog. Or that's what my stomach and brain are currently telling my rebellious nature.
So maybe a lot of reviews here? Sounds like a plan, Stan! I need to find an awesomely great book blog - real time feedback from people who have read the same books as I have. Just this fall, I've been on a good kick, reading Jodi Picoult, Elizabeth George, Madeline L'Engle, Sophie Kinsella, and the Something Borrowed/Blue series. Not really a mix of high and low brow - mostly mass produced books that are marketed towards me and my peers. But lovely time spent on my part - I really enjoyed how engrossing 'A Traitor to Memory' was. I totally recommend the book: written by Elizabeth George, it follows a murder mystery backward, forward, and sideways, from different perspectives moving in different times. It's part of a series, following a group of London cops and it was delicious, moving at a wonderful pace through 1000 pages. I'm saving the other books in the series for other points in the upcoming years when I'll be in need of a spectacular read. I'll let you know this now - I hold off on polishing through series if I really, really like the characters and the books are structured as companion novels. Thus why Agatha Christie is probably my favorite author but I still haven't read through a third of her books. (FYI: I'll take Hercule Poirot six a days a week and twice on Sunday over Miss Marple.) I save them - they're reliable reads for me, almost like fire extinguishers behind glass. When I get extremely stressed and need to take my focus off the life around me, I know know know a decent sized Poirot mystery will save me from my whole head. And I'm never going to guess the ending - the red herrings she plants always trip me up. Her abilities with structure are like a Rubix cube to me - I never can imagine nor see ahead to figure out how to approach the ending.
Hmm... well my laundry is in a distressing place. I should post this blog and get started. Also, some dinner wouldn't be bad... maybe some Mac and Cheese? Perfect Sunday food!
Hello to all of you!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home